Our experienced actuaries provide expert opinions and consulting advice to support the legal community, financial advisors, and individuals through the course of an adversarial proceeding.
/ WHAT WE DO
Our actuaries serve as independent experts to support our clients through a number of different legal and financial disputes. Our professional standards of practice require us to act in an unbiased and non-partisan manner.
We offer quality consulting and litigation support to any stakeholder involved in an adversarial proceeding. Our actuarial evidence team is comprised of experienced actuarial professionals, including two consulting actuaries who have qualified as expert witnesses in the courts of British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Ontario. We focus on providing quality consulting advice and expert reports that are prepared in accordance with accepted actuarial practices in Canada.
/ OUR EXPERIENCE
Summary of Qualifications Our Actuaries
Managing Director and Senior Consulting Actuary
- Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
- MBA and a B.Sc. from the University of British Columbia
- Expert in the Supreme Court of British Columbia
- Over 30 years of pension experience
- Established own practice in 1994 and merged into Westcoast Actuaries Inc. in 2002.
- Member of the Actuarial Standards Board
- Member of Estate Planning Council of Vancouver and Canadian Pension and Benefits Institute
- Member of Continuing Education Committee Pension Sub-Committee of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries